Sunday, April 15, 2012

Thoughts from a Student Teacher Week Twelve

I cannot believe how fast time is flying! Although I am eager for summer I hate to see my student teaching experience end.

This week was interesting. You can definitely see a change in the students. Everyone is ready for summer and because of this behavior problems have increased and so has apathy. The students do not care about the up coming real standardized test. They have taken so many MOCK tests they are sick of it; I can empathize.

My number one goal as a teacher will be to teach the TEKS throw in some test preparation skills and let the tests come and go. All of the pressure the teachers place on the students does not help them it only makes their anxiety and indifference worse. If we can give them the skills they will need and then encourage them to go in and do their best I would think it would make the situation better, but who knows! Kids are unpredictable.

Another change I have seen in the students, especially the boys, is how girl crazy they have become! The hormones are raging, I guess. And if the 7th grade girls won’t pay them attention I guess they’ve decided to throw their energies into flirting with me. UGH! What a learning experience for me. I am creeped out by the attention and have to pray that God gives me the word to show these boys how inappropriate their actions are. It makes me wonder what it will be like to be alone in a classroom with these students (without Mrs. C there with me). That is another advantage Mrs. C has, being older. Sometimes I wish I was older and married (if that would even discourage them).

No comments:

Post a Comment