- Walk 30 min-5 times a week
- Jog 20 min- 3 times a week
- Jump rope 20 min-3times a week
- Eat one fruit and one vegetable ever day
- Read 5 Psalms every day
- Write in a prayer journal every day
- Be kind to a neighbor 3 times a week
- Read the gospel of Mark
- Tell someone verbally about Jesus
- Read "Hind's Feet on High Places" by Hannah Hurnard
- Read "The Case for a Creator: Student Edition" by Lee Strobel
This is just a few of the things we must do to complete the challenge. At first, when my sister suggested we participate in this challenge I said "No way!" I knew that when it came to exercise I'm a wimp. I'm not afraid to admit it. But then she showed me we would get a cool t-shirt after completing the challenge. Well, I'm a sucker for t-shirts, so here I am beating my body into submission and wishing I had learned to persevere earlier.
Romans 5:3-4 says "we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character;and character, hope."
Right now exercise seems a lot like suffering so maybe after this 30 day challenge I will have finally produced some perseverance, character, and I hope that I will think hard before entering into a challenge in the future.