Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thoughts From a Student Teacher Week Eight

Note: Once again I am late in posting these journal entries. I wrote this one before March 12th...

I’m not really sure what to say about this week. It was short since I wasn’t there all week. My technology seminar was cancelled so I did have Wednesday at the school, but we had Benchmarks Tuesday and Wednesday which made everything crazy!

I did have an issue with the technology person at the middle school. I’ve been working on a lesson about persuasive text (actually for your upcoming observation) and I wanted to use some youtube videos of commercials. I’ve become really excited about the lesson. However, this person has made the process very difficult and discouraging. I knew that youtube was blocked on campus before going into this; however, she has used everything to discourage me from going through with it. I think underneath everything is she doesn’t have time or want to take time to approve my videos. I have to say I was very proud of myself because the two times I talked with her in person I remained calm and was as sweet as I could. I had the kill with kindness mindset. I don’t know if I will get the videos approved, but I have a plan B set up just in case. This experience just reminds me that not everyone is pleasant all the time. We are all human and you have to learn how to treat others kindly no matter how they treat you.

I know this is short, but I cannot think of what else to add at the moment. Now on to Spring Break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment