Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thoughts from a Student Teacher Week Nine

Although a little stressful, this past week was so good! I was very pleased with how my lesson and observation turned out and felt in my element putting together the powerpoint presentation. I also love how after being very nervous while teaching the first period I slowly became comfortable and more relaxed as I taught.

The most meaningful part of this week was when one of our SIOP (group of English Langugage Learners) students told me that he tried to participate more during my lesson so that I would get a good grade from you! I cannot even describe how that made me feel and then the following day when they came in during 7th period they all gathered around me and asked “Did you get a good grade, Miss? Did you make a 100?” I tried to explain that you did not give me a number grade and I showed them the evaluation sheet. They were so excited when I explained what EE meant and that I had received such a good score. I think that being a student while being a teacher is great because you understand the students more and they like knowing that you are experiencing what the experience every day.

The other fun part of the week is when we had Thursday tutorials. We set up 5 groups with 3-5 students in each group to play games. The games had to do with inference and comprehension questions. A group 3 of our SIOP boys begged me to play with them so I did. It was so much fun! I learned so much more about their personalities. They did get pretty rowdy though, and we had to shut down the games. It was so hard to get upset with them, though, because they are just a great group of kids. I think the ones I have more trouble with I like the most. J

No comments:

Post a Comment