Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lost Innocence

It amazes me how young women in our culture welcome the loss of their innocence. Perhaps they feel they will gain something from it...attention, love, fame. What brought this to mind was a review I read about Miley Cyrus' new music video, "Can't Be Tamed." Gone is the sweet Miley from the Disney Channel show, Hannah Montana, and in her place is a young woman trying to go along with the crowd i.e., Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, and Christina Aguilera. What is their message? "I have something to offer." But it isn't their talent or brains. They are offering their bodies.
I don't recommend you watch Miley's latest video. Not only does the young singer offer her audience an immodest view of her body, but she engages in sexual poses with both female and male dancers. Her eyes are shaded with midnight black and blue eye shadow and her lyrics continually sing/scream, "I can't be saved." What a hopeless message to send her young audience who have followed her through the Hannah Montana years. What a sad message of the lost innocence of another pop singer. I pray that she doesn't take her fans with her.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. It is really sad to see someone who is in such a role model position make those kinds of choices. Maybe she doesn't realize how many little girls are wearing Hannah Montana t-shirts and singing her songs word for word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, sister. It grieves my heart that women, young and old, do not know their value in Christ. I was one of those young women, saved late in my life. I am burdened to share the Gospel with teens because I never heard it as a young woman. It brings me joy as I praise the Lord to see young women, like yourself, sharing His Truth! Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing what God does in and through your life! In His love and by His grace, your sis in Christ, Xochi

    ReplyDelete