Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Old Rugged Cross

Today I had the need to praise God through some good, old fashioned gospel music. So I opened my itunes and found The Gaither Vocal Band. Those guys know how to praise God and you can't help but get in a toe-tapping mood when you listen to them.



What touches me the most, besides the inspirational music, is the lyrics. When "The Old Rugged Cross Made the Difference" began to play I was struck with the thought that I don't think about the Cross enough. Let me share the lyrics of the first verse and chorus with you...



'Twas a life filled with aimless desperation

Without hope walked the shell of a man;

Then a hand with a nailprint stretched downward,

Just one touch then a new life began.


Chorus:

And the old rugged cross made the difference

In a life bound for heartache and defeat;

I will praise Him forever and ever

For the cross made the difference for me.


If we could only live out our lives with the Cross on our minds and this chorus as praise on our lips, how much different would our life here on earth be like?


follow this link to watch a video of this song...excuse the static because the whole video is worth it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw3DYtZCOyc&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment