Friday, September 3, 2010

Even youths grow tired...

As I look back on my last post I feel too weary to live life abundantly. Looking towards the three day weekend that lies ahead of me I feel like I need to rest up for the break. It is amazing how a week and a half of classes and new experiences can make one weary. A weariness not only in body, but also in mind and spirit.

Psalm 62:5 says, "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him."

I haven't quite figured out how to find rest in God alone. Oftentimes when I feel tired I take a nap, watch a movie, or just surf through television channels. When I feel weary from a hard day studying my first thought isn't to dig into God's word or spend time in His presence doing so sounds like more work to me.

The Bible is full of verses that talk about finding rest in God alone and looking to Him to renew our strenth. As I rest this weekend I want to remind myself to not only sleep to renew my body, but to pray and read God's word to renew my soul.

"Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40: 30-32
Lord, renew my strenth as I put my hope in you.
Give me rest, not only for my body, but for my mind and my soul
as I look forward to another week.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cool post! On my blog, I recently posted about this! I like what you have to say. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and I found your blog on The Rebelution! If you keep writing great posts like these, you'll soon have many followers. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is true. I'm not quite there either, but I'm working towards it.

    ReplyDelete