Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No TV?!


The no watching tv portion of our challenge began Sunday. Today is our fourth day of no tv and I have finally begun to accept it. I've discovered something. I person can live without tv! What a new discovery!! Someone should write it down in a science book.
The first two days I felt myself going through withdrawl. I wasn't sure how to spend my time and by day two I longed to watch a movie. Since then I have read an entire book, finished a book, written letters, done laundry, got groceries for my mom, cooked dinner and washed dishes in a timely fashion, and won two games of Monopoly. It is amazing what you can get done when you aren't glued to the tube.
Though I can see the benefits of this week with out television, in the back of my mind I have made a list of movies I want to see and I'm counting down the days. However, I feel that once Sunday rolls around I will watch less tv and enjoy more quality time in a book or buying up Boardwalk, much to my sister's chagrin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment