Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What I learned from Man of Steel

I have always wondered what place movies have in a Christian's life. I was contemplating this very thing while watching Man of Steel today. As shards of glass exploded from falling buildings, flames burst into the sky, and cars sailed around this other-wordly man in a tight blue suit and red cape I wondered why I was watching. Was I really getting anything from it?

Disclaimer: Before I tell you what I learned from this film note that if you have not seen Man of Steel you may see or read things below that will give parts of the movie away. Continue with caution. I hope this is as meaningful to you as it is to me. 

-*-*-*-*-*-



1. Russell Crowe becomes a father and he is a good one! (He has come a long way from his Gladiator days.)  Don't judge him for sending his only son to a new world completely naked.



2. When Clark Kent finds himself shirtless (I am not sure why they put that in the movie) and in need of a change of clothes he grabs the first clothes he can find, even though they more than likely belong to a short and stocky fisherman. 

But don't worry he's Superman-or he will be-so THEY WILL FIT PERFECTLY. 

That fisherman wishes he looked that good in those clothes.




3. Clark Kent is flame retardant. Who knew? (Maybe this is why he had no choice but to take off his shirt.) Why couldn't this event have earned him the name Flame Retardant Man or Fireboy? Okay, so it was good that didn't come about. Superman is way more...super. 



4. This guy is General Zod (who named these people? Really, that's all they could come up with?) He has real issues. Before they encrusted him in ice maybe they should have sent him to counseling. But I guess then we wouldn't have needed the rest of the movie.




5. Thankfully all will be well because this is not an S it is the symbol of hope. Though for Lois Lane...it is still an S. You go, girl!




6. When Clark puts on the suit for the first time he automatically becomes clean shaven. I guess no one wants a bearded Superman.




7. Superman's red cape is not just for flying....it hides a lot.





8. When on the Krypton ship Lois needs something to help her breathe, but why doesn't Superman?  He has been living and breathing on Earth for 33 years, but now he is suddenly BEYOND OXYGEN? Maybe that's why his nose starts to bleed. He should have just asked for the breather.

When I watch this movie again I might just yell out..."Put on a breather!!" to see if anything changes.





9. Lois is indestructible. At this point of the movie she is beyond oxygen too. I guess when you are holding on to a handsome superhero you don't need any air.




 10. When the world outside is crumbling and you are standing in terror never fear! Superman will look over at you and say..."Go inside, it is dangerous out here."





11. Clark Kent/ Superman is a sensitive guy. He doesn't want to choose between his Krypton world and humans. He takes care of his mom. He knows how to control his anger. He doesn't pick on the little guy.  He is tall and dark with blaring blue eyes. He loves Lois Lane, but until the next movie (if there is one) he is still single. He is the perfect man....or whatever he is.


-*-*-*-*-

So, I may not have learned anything life changing from Man of Steel, but it was entertaining. I hope I entertained you a little bit with this post. If you are like me, after watching Man of Steel you can't help but look at the clouds and wonder... Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's....!!



My little pony?!

No comments:

Post a Comment