Friday, January 7, 2011

Praising Him Without Words

I have experienced a lot of blessings since my last post. Many times I have wanted to sit down and praise the One, who has blessed this Christmas break, with eloquent words, but no words would come. I was even unable to write down my praises to Him in the privacy of my own journal. The lack of words worried me. I felt overwhelmed with thanksgiving, but I couldn't express my feelings to my Heavenly Father. This made me feel like a failure, but then I realized that I can praise Him without words because He knows my heart. When I came to terms with this, I found that when I was in the midst of enjoying a blessing He had given me I would give Him a smile instead of writing two pages in my journal. When I wanted to thank Him for bringing me through a difficult couple of days I took a deep breath of relief, thanksgiving flowing within my heart.

So if you are having a hard time expressing your thankfulness to God, remember that He knows what is in your heart.

2 comments:

  1. I have felt this way lately, too. Wise words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very hard time describing my feelings to God yesterday. Sometimes, life just throws unexpected curveballs, and I'm just left speechless in the wake of unfortunate events. But God still reigns! And I praise Him for forgiving and redeeming me of my mistakes and helping me learn to accept things and move on.

    ReplyDelete